Terms & Conditions
The information provided on this site does not constitute business, medical or other professional advice, and is subject to change.
The South West Peninsula Academic Health Science Network (or any of its members, associates or partners featured on this website) will not be responsible or liable directly or indirectly, for damages or liabilities relating in any way to the use (or misuse) of information contained within or accessed through this site.
This website contains links to websites not under the control of the South West Peninsula Academic Health Science Network. The inclusion of any link does not imply or express endorsement or sponsorship, nor does not linking to a site imply lack of endorsement by the South West Peninsula Academic Health Science Network. We cannot guarantee uninterrupted access to this website, or the sites to which it links. We accept no responsibility for any damages arising from the loss of use of this information or disruption/damage to your computer system/data while using this site.
The entire contents, including images and photographs, of this website including logo graphics of organisations, are copyrighted as a collective work. Images of individuals, activity or premises may not be used without permission.
You may display and, subject to any expressly stated restrictions or limitations relating to specific material, download portions of the material from the different areas of the website solely for your own non-commercial use.
Copying of logos accessed via this website is not permitted without the copyright holders’ approval. Unless for non-commercial educational purposes, any redistribution, re-transmission or publication of material is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of the copyright owner. You further agree not to change or delete any proprietary notices from materials downloaded from this site.
In this clause the term "personal data" is as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA).
Collection and Use of Personal Information
When visiting our website you are able to access a variety of documents in our Resources area without providing any personal information.
However, we do collect personal information when you subscribe to our online newsletters, purchase products and services from our Shop or Events, or contact our team with an enquiry or comment.
If you have signed up to any of our mailing lists including our Newsletter you can remove yourself at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button that appears on the emails.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not disclose, sell or otherwise transfer your personal information without your consent, except as otherwise set out in our Terms and Conditions (above).
You can delete the cookies stored on your computer at any time. You can also change your browser’s privacy settings to block websites from storing cookies on your computer. To find out more or how you can delete cookies click here.
Our cookies are not used to identify you personally. At no point will our cookies result in cold calls, junk email or information being passed to third parties.
They are used to support analysis and understanding of how people use the website (what they like most, when is the busiest time of day on the site, have people found new content when it is published, etc.).
The data collection and reporting behind this analysis is currently provided by Google Analytics.
Your continued use of this website will indicate your agreement to the use of these cookies.
Third party cookies
We may occasionally incorporate functionality from other, reputable, websites. These websites may also set cookies, known as third party cookies.
When you purchase an Event, Webinar or Document from our website, we will collect and hold your personal details and IP address in order to process your order, in accordance with our data protection policy.
Your credit card transaction is processed through a secure Payment Service Provider. Your credit card details will be collected by the secure payment provider and not by the SW AHSN.
1. You and your party must not re-sell or transfer (or seek to re-sell or transfer) tickets.
2. To prevent fraud and protect the SW AHSN and you, we may carry out checks and/or you may be asked to provide additional information (such as a copy of a credit or debit card statement) after your booking so we can verify your purchase. If we suspect fraud we may cancel any order or tickets.
3. You must inform the SW AHSN of any change of address, contact phone number or email address, both before and after receipt of the tickets. Our contact details are: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our preferred method to contact you is email, so you should take care to provide a current, valid email address and be aware that your email filter settings may treat our emails as spam or direct them to your junk folder.
4. An order paid for via a purchase order is not complete until the purchase order number has been validated and accepted by us. We try to ensure all prices are accurate but errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of tickets you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and we may either cancel the order (in which case you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking, transaction or supplementary fees you have paid) or give you the option of confirming your order at the correct price.
5. On rare occasions the event may be filmed or recorded. Buying a ticket affirms your consent to the filming and sound recording of yourself as a member of the audience. If you have any objection, should this happen when you attend a show or event, please alert a member of SW AHSN staff on the day.
Delivery and collection
6. Tickets will be despatched to you electronically via email.
7. If you do not inform us of the non-receipt of tickets within a reasonable time (in any event at least 72 hours before the event) we will have no liability to you.
8. Always check your tickets upon receipt and advise us promptly of any errors. Mistakes when ordering cannot always be corrected and any corrections are discretionary.
Cancellation Rights and Refunds
9. Tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, or refunded once purchased other than for the reasons set out in these terms and conditions.
10. If the event takes place but you do not receive the tickets you have purchased for any of the following reasons you will be refunded the ticket price you have paid:
The tickets have been sent to an email address different to the one you specified and you tell us within a reasonable period, as set out at paragraph 7 above, or your tickets are not despatched.
11. Duplicate tickets will be issued to replace tickets that have been lost or stolen entirely at the discretion of the SW AHSN.
Cancellation, change or postponement of an event
12. If the SW AHSN cancels an event or makes significant changes to the venue or date, we will try to inform you. This will usually be by email. In urgent cases it may be by phone.
13. If an event is rescheduled, changed or moved, we will give you the option of retaining or exchanging your tickets for the new date/location, or alternatively claiming a refund.
14. Any refund will usually be paid, using the same method you used to buy the tickets, within 30 days of the official cancelation of the event.
15. For more information about refunds, please contact email@example.com
16. No refunds will be offered under any circumstances if you fail to comply with the all terms and conditions applicable to those tickets.
Attending an event
17. The SW AHSN has no responsibility for any loss or damage of any kind suffered at or in connection with any event (including loss, damage or theft any personal property at an event).
18. Amongst other things you will need to comply with health and safety rules and any security requirements (including security searches for the safety of those attending the event). The SW AHSN and venue will have rights to refuse admission or eject you in certain circumstances.
19. Before you finalise your booking, please read all the information that applies to the event and/or ticket. If you or any member of your party has particular requirements please raise these when booking and we will endeavour to address your query. There can be no guarantee that requirements can be met if notified at the event.