Call to become a Spread Academy Fellow and attend a Skid Row School in Los Angeles
As part of the SW AHSN’s Innovation Exchange Programme supporting and enabling the rapid spread and adoption of proven innovations for the benefit of our patients and public, we are delighted to offer the first of several opportunities to build practical capability and experience through a year-long Spread Academy Fellowship. This is in partnership with the highly influential and successful ‘Skid Row School’ run by the Billions Institute in the USA.
We are looking for people leading significant innovation or service improvement projects with a passion for sharing and spreading innovations that benefit people’s lives and experience of health and care.
Applications to be part of the Spread Academy Fellowship will be considered from all parts of health and social care across the South West and we are keen to attract people from a diverse range of themes and organisations.
Being part of the Spread Academy will involve attending Skid Row School in Los Angeles in January 2019. Skid Row School is a four-day immersive and experiential programme where you will learn a practical framework for designing and leading large-scale change called the Model for Unleashing with a usually energetic and vibrant cohort.
The SW AHSN will fund the course fees and it is expected that your employer will fund travel, accommodation, and subsistence costs.
Key criteria are that you:
- Work or live in the South West region (Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, Devon and Somerset)
- Are available to travel Los Angeles for Skid Row School and participate from 7-12 January 2019 and eligible to travel to the USA.
- Contractually agree to undertake activities as a member of the Spread Faculty over a minimum of 12 months at the SW AHSN following your attendance at Skid Row School.
- Commit to supporting the development and roll out of the SW AHSN’s own Spread Academy, with availability for the week from 4-9 of March 2019 in Exeter. This includes being part of the faculty to facilitate the programme and also to provide follow up mentoring, coaching and support activities for at least nine months following the Spread Academy in the UK.
- Are currently (or will be shortly) leading spread and adoption of a significant innovation or service improvement with a focus on achieving scale.
- Can show proven experience or evidence of facilitation, coaching and mentoring and supporting the learning of others.
- Are supported by your employing organisation in all of the above and that verification of this support can be provided as part of your application.
If you are successful in the selection process, you will be invited to an induction meeting in December 2018. To take part, you must be available on the following dates for residential activities:
- 7-12 January 2019 for travel and stay in Los Angeles
- 4-9 March 2019 for travel and stay in Exeter (if you are not locally based)
You can complete the short application for the initial expressions now (NOW CLOSED). The deadline is 8:00am, Thursday 8 November 2019.
Applicants who are selected to progress to the next stage will be invited to make a more detailed submission, including a personal statement about how being part of the Spread Academy will support your own professional development. There will be an interview process on 3 December 2018 in Exeter prior to final decisions being made.
Some further information is available on these frequently asked questions.
If you have any queries or would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01392 247903 and speak to Rupa Chilvers or William Lilley.
Opportunity to attend Spread Academy, Exeter – 4-8 March 2019
We are excited to be running the first Spread Academy in Exeter next Spring. We are inviting individuals and teams working to benefit the health and social care of our people to apply for a place on this four-day programme. Applications will be considered from all parts of health and social care across the South West and we are keen to attract people from a diverse range of areas and organisations. There are a limited number of funded places for teams working in the South West and a competitive process will be used to allocate these places.
The programme is aimed at individuals and teams leading and working on the spread and adoption of a significant innovation or service improvement with a focus on achieving scale. This tailored and customised learning programme will be taking place from the 4-8 March 2019 in Exeter, Devon UK, and will be delivered by the SW AHSN’s Spread Academy Faculty in collaboration with the Billions Institute in the USA.
To express your interest and receive further information, please email email@example.com. Please note that there are limited places on this course and your application will be reviewed prior to being accepted on the course.
Applications for funded places will open for teams (a minimum of two/maximum of 9) who work in the South West (Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, Devon and Somerset) and meet the criteria on 2 November 2018, and final decision will be made in January 2019.