The South West Patient Safety Collaborative’s ‘Safer Culture, Better Care’ programme, hosted by the South West AHSN, has been shortlisted for a HSJ Award in the ‘Creating a supportive staff culture’ category.
We will be joining a number of our local partners at the awards ceremony in London on 21 November, where the winners will be announced:
- Access Health Care – Clock Tower Surgery – ‘Compassionate patient care’ category
- Plymouth University Peninsula Schools of Medicine and Dentistry and Plymouth Hospitals Trust – Supporting mental health teams in screening for dementia (ACEmobile) – ‘Innovation in mental health’ category
- Livewell Southwest CIC – Paid Work Placements – ‘Widening participation’ category
- Northern Devon Healthcare Trust – North Devon Integrated Diabetes Service; optimal diabetes management co-designed by specialists, primary care and patients – ‘Acute or Specialist Services Redesign’ category
- Torbay and South Devon Foundation Trust – Our community, Our Patient. Our Problem. Our Solution. Fully integrated local health, social and voluntary care in South Devon – ‘Community or Primary Care Services Redesign’ category
- Carnall Farrar – whole system change across the Devon STP – ‘HSJ partnership of the year’ category
- Health and Care IMPACT Network – NHSquicker: Providing real-time information for your urgent care problem from where you are – ‘Enhancing Care by Sharing Data and Information’ category
NHSQuicker and the University of Exeter have also been shortlisted for ‘Technological Innovation of the Year’ in the THE2018 awards. The SW AHSN supported them with early evaluation of their digital tool, which provides patients real-time information about urgent care services in Devon and Cornwall.