Applications for phase 3 of the Pathway Transformation Fund (PTF) are now open.
The Pathway Transformation Fund supports NHS organisations to increase adoption of the 2020/21 Rapid Uptake Products (RUPs), which are:
• Lipid Management: High Intensity Statins, Ezetimibe and PCSK9 inhibitors.
• Measuring fractional exhaled nitric oxide (FeNO) concentration in asthma: products NIOX VERO and NObreath.
• Biologics for treating severe asthma: Reslizumab, Benralizumab, Mepolizumab and Omalizumab.
The PTF can help providers overcome practical obstacles to introducing these products. PTF funding can be used for many purposes, including:
• Contributing to set-up costs such as training and accreditation of staff.
• Supporting pathway redesign and/or business support expertise.
• Providing funding for specialist nurses and clinical staff needed to implement a new part of the procedure.
• Covering double running costs.
• Covering capital costs.
NHS organisations will be able to submit PTF applications until midday, 30 April 2021.
Applications should be developed and submitted with the support of your RUP lead. Organisations based in Devon, Cornwall or Somerset requiring more information or interested in beginning an application process should contact the SWAHSN RUP lead, Steve Johnson-Wood, Steve.Johnson-Wood@swahsn.com.