The South West Academic Health Science Network is offering practitioners across the South West the opportunity to apply for small grants to support the capability building of registered health and care professionals (HCPs) across the region.
Grants of up to £1,500 are available to support HCPs to complete experiential and insights learning opportunities with a focus on innovation, spread and adoption.
Experience innovation in action
If you would like to explore innovation outside of the South West of England, we want to hear from you.
You may want to visit exemplar sites elsewhere in the UK or talk with other leaders in your field in Europe. Or you could get a live demonstration of new technology or care systems in practice – learning what could work for you and your colleagues.
Once you’ve completed your learning, you’ll share your experiences back home, by telling your colleagues, writing a blog, or even speaking on a podcast.
Both your experience and its sharing can take many forms, and we encourage a wide range of applications. If you want to see a new service, product, or intervention and spread what you’ve learnt from it, then this fund is for you.
Applicants must meet certain conditions to be eligible for the Fund:
- Applicants must be working in a clinical role/capacity at the time of application.
- Their work must benefit the population of South West England.
- They must work in the South West – Somerset, Devon, Cornwall or the Isles of Scilly.
- They must be registered with one of the following professional regulators:
- General Chiropractic Council
- General Dental Council
- General Optical Council
- General Osteopathic Council
- General Pharmaceutical Council
- Health and Care Professions Council
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Opportunities will be completed and funds spent by the end of June 2020.
Applicants can work in the public or private sectors, but unfortunately those who are still in training, or who are not registered for other reasons, are not eligible. Doctors registered with the General Medical College are also not eligible for the Fund.
To apply for the Explore and Innovate Fund
Applications are open now at pathfinder.awardsplatform.com, and close on 26 January 2020. If you have any questions or would like more information please get in touch with our team by emailing email@example.com.