- This event has passed.
SW AHSN: The SW AHSN Annual Conference: improving health and care in the South West
16 November 2017 at 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
To view a gallery of photographs from the conference, please click here.
To view the post event video, please click here.
To view the presentations from the conference, please click here.
The South West Academic Health Science Network (SW AHSN) will be hosting their major annual conference on Thursday 16 November 2017 at Sandy Park Conference and Banqueting Centre.
The popular annual conference, running from 09:00-16:00, is the perfect opportunity to share good practice, learn about the latest innovations in health and care, and engage with colleagues from across the South West and beyond. (Please note refreshments will be available from 09:00-09:30)
The event is free of charge and as well as featuring a varied programme of speakers and workshops, there will be drop-in surgeries with SW AHSN staff and close-working partners, and an Innovation Marketplace featuring companies and organisations focusing on healthy living.
See the conference programme, which includes an agenda for the day, a full list of workshops and descriptions, plenary speaker biographies, and exhibitor and drop-in surgery information.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Maneesh Juneja, a Digital Health Futurist who explores the convergence of emerging technologies to see how they can make the world a healthier and happier place. More information on Maneesh can be found at: http://maneeshjuneja.com
- Hazel Stuteley, Director of the Connecting Communities programme, University of Exeter Medical School
A practising health visitor for 35 years, Hazel has many years’ experience delivering transformative outcomes in disadvantaged rural and urban areas.
- Dr Robert Varnam, Director of General Practice Development, NHS England
As well as working as a GP in Manchester, Robert advises on the General Practice Forward View and STPs’ role in redesigning primary care.
There will also be ten workshops to choose from on the day, covering themes related to the aims and expertise of the AHSN network, including how we:
- Engage/inspire audiences to adopt innovative health and care practice
- Raise awareness of the SW AHSN and the AHSN national Network
- Engage STP programme leads in AHSN related activity
- Raise awareness of innovations the SW AHSN are directly supporting
This year, our conference will be CPD accredited, so that your attendance can count towards your continuous professional development.
We hope to see you there. If you have any questions in the meantime, please contact us at email@example.com.
Share, Learn, Engage