- This event has passed.
Preventing AF-Related Strokes: accelerating action and collaboration series
15 March 2018 at 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
If you attended this event, you can view the presentations here.
This series is organised by E4H, in partnership with the Academic Health Science Networks, voluntary sector, Public Health England and NHS England. Bayer, the BMS-Pfizer Alliance and Boehringer Ingelheim are supporting and funding these meetings.
The most recent series contains three events with the same purpose and aims. Birmingham (November 2017) and Newcastle (January 2018) and this event in Exeter
The events are suitable for commissioners, primary and secondary care providers, STP leads, medicine optimisation and other key stakeholders with an interest in Atrial Fibrillation (AF). They will highlight the wide range of tools available to support them via public bodies, charities and commercial companies.
The events aim to provide the opportunity for delegates in the South West to:
- Learn and experience a range of innovative tools and technological solutions to overcome key challenges across the AF care pathway.
- Identify opportunities to implement interventions to improve the detection and management of AF in your local population.
- Network with peers across agencies to foster the development of local communities of practice.
We are helping to organise the Exeter event, taking place on 15 March at the Mercure Southgate Hotel Exeter.
To view the programme for the day, please click here.
The day will include:
- Keynote talks: Professionals in the AF field, discussing the innovative tools and technological solutions to overcome key challenges across the AF care pathway.
- Round table discussions: An action planning session with recommendations on how each supporter can help you to achieve their AF acceleration objectives.
- Networking opportunities: An opportunity to meet and discuss AF with primary and secondary care providers, STP leads and speakers, many of whom are experts in this field.
- Interactive event app: Submit your questions to our panel of experts in their field through our Events App, with interactive polls and feedback available throughout the event.
- Dr Matt Kearney, GP and National Clinical Director for CVD Prevention, NHS England and Public Health England
- Martin James, Consultant Stroke Physician and Associate Professor, Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital, and the University of Exeter Medical School.
- Justin Smallwood, Stroke Rehabilitation Trainer, Action for Rehabilitation for Neurological Injury
- Ian Evans, Consultant Nurse for Stroke, Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Shakti Dookeran, Population Health Service Manager, National AF-related stroke prevention programme lead
- Helen Williams FFRPS, FRPharmS, Consultant Pharmacist for cardiovascular Disease, South London
- Professor Jonathon Gray, CEO, SW AHSN
For more information on speakers, please click here.
Registration for the event is free for healthcare professionals within the UK who have a special interest in AF. Please note that spaces are limited and available on a first-come first-served basis.
To register for the event, please click here.