- This event has passed.
Integrating Patient Safety with QIS-HFE: Quality Improvement Science for Human Factors & Ergonomics in Health and Social Care
March 5 at 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
One event on 23 June 2020 at 9:30 am
This course will run on the following dates:
5 March 2020 09:30-16:00
Design School, Loughborough University
23 June 2020 9:30 -16:00
ROOM LDN 205, Loughborough University London Campus
Prof. Sue Hignett (Human Factors & Ergonomics)
Prof. Jay Banerjee (Quality Improvement Science)
Why should you attend?
1. To learn about different problem-solving methods from Human Factors/Ergonomics and Quality Improvement approaches.
2. To gain an introduction to Hierarchical Task Analysis (HTA) to address patient safety challenges (micro and/or macro).
3. To gain an introduction to Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Run charts as a method for process measurement.
4. To gain an understanding of the 4 step HFE/QI integration model.
5. Plan and prioritise the next steps.
At the end of this course you should be able to:
1. Discuss the core concepts in Human Factors & Ergonomics (HFE) in terms of systems and design.
2. Discuss the use of Safety Science in Healthcare.
3. Discuss the differences between HFE and Quality Improvement Science.
Max 25 per course
Nursing and allied health £250
Doctors and managers £375
For further information, or to book please visit www.lboro.ac.uk/design/hfehub
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for group bookings or invoicing arrangements