- This event has passed.
Innovation in health and care: overcoming the barriers to adoption and spread
26 June 2018 at 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Ensuring the adoption and spread of innovation is a challenge in any health and care system, but anecdotal evidence suggests that the English system finds it particularly challenging.
This one-day conference will showcase a number of different case studies, that demonstrate the transformative power of simple, low-cost innovations in improving health and care services and the dramatic difference these can make to people’s lives. It is organised by The King’s Fund, in partnership with The AHSN Network.
The event will focus on effective approaches to supporting adoption and spread, and will include sessions on:
- improving access for vulnerable groups
- spreading innovation across boundaries
- engaging patients in their own care
- spreading digital innovation
- spreading innovation through collaboration
- embedding local innovation – beyond pilot funding
- clinical entrepreneurship.
The full programme can be found on The King’s Fund website.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Helen Bevan, Chief Transformation Officer, Horizons Group, NHS England
- Ben Collins, Projects Director, The King’s Fund
- Tara Donnelly, Chief Executive, Health Innovation Network
- Chris Gibson MBE, Specialist Leadership Adviser, Former Lieutenant Colonel, Defence Medical Directorate
- Mike Hannay, Chair, The AHSN Network
- Dr Liz Mear, Chief Executive, Innovation Agency
- Donna Hall, Chief Executive, Wigan Council