- This event has passed.
External: Regional Networking events run by the National Alliance for Museums, Health and Wellbeing
17 October 2017 at 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 1:00pm on Tuesday, repeating indefinitely
Are you interested in making potential links with museums in your area to explore ways of working together? As part of the Alliance’s Arts Council England funded work for 2017 we are running training workshops aimed at the museum professionals which will support them to develop, deliver and sustain health and wellbeing provision within their organisations.
We will be encouraging museums to think about setting up partnerships with health related organisations in their area and are looking for individuals to come and attend networking days as part of the training programme. Lunch will be provided.
The events are free and will take place between 1-3pm in the following locations:
- London & SE – Wednesday 11 October at Islington Museum, London. On this day there will be museums from: Buckinghamshire, Surrey, Kent, Cambridge, Reading and Hertfordshire and from the following boroughs: Greenwich, Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea, Tower Hamlets, Camden, Twickenham, Hillingdon, Islington, Haringey, Southwark and Lambeth.
- SW – Tuesday 17 October at M Shed, Bristol. On this day there will be museums from: North Devon, Bristol, Salisbury, Swindon, Plymouth, Falmouth, Exeter, Chippenham and Torquay.
- SE & E Midlands – Tuesday 31 October at Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge. On this day there will be museums from: Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire, Lincolnshire, Leicestershire Cambridgeshire and Derbyshire.
- W Midlands – Thursday 9 November at Ironbridge Gorge Museums, Telford. On this day there will be museums from: Birmingham, Worcestershire, Staffordshire, Shropshire, Coventry and Warwickshire.
- North – Thursday 23 November at Yorkshire Museum, York. On this day there will be museums from: Manchester, York, Cheshire, Derbyshire, Bolton, Preston, Liverpool, Cumbria, Hull, Halifax and Oldham.
If you are interested in finding out more information please contact Laura Bedford: firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Alliance for Museums, Health and Wellbeing is a place where information about museums and health can be shared; to improve existing practice, help build resilience and provide resources and support for those individuals and organisations working in this area of activity.