- This event has passed.
External: ExIST quarterly Event
February 15 at 8:30 am - 11:00 am
The first Exeter Initiative for Science and Technology (ExIST) quarterly event of 2018 is titled ‘Translational Science: Bench to Bedside‘. It will explore the field of Translational Science and how Exeter-based scientists are undertaking world leading research, product development and innovation in Exeter.
The event will look at:
- World leading research, product development and innovation taking place in Exeter
- Spin off companies from the University of Exeter and how researchers work is achieving medical breakthroughs, across Europe and beyond
- Business and collaboration opportunities – how can Exeter support these individuals, businesses and organisations
The Exeter Initiative for Science and Technology (ExIST) is a sub-group of Exeter Chamber of Commerce and Industry. The Initiative was founded in June 2011 by a group of business leaders in Exeter and the surrounding area. It’s ultimate goal is to make Exeter an even better place to do business for Science and Technology companies and organisations.
The group has come together to showcase science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine in Exeter.
In 2016, ExIST launched its quarterly Magazine, ‘Insight’ which highlights interaction between science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine (STEMM) businesses trading in the area, to increase awareness of Exeter as a centre of science and technology, to build relationships between education at all levels and business and to encourage investment in the STEMM industries in the region.
The event chair will be Professor John Terry, Professor of Biomedical Modelling at the University of Exeter.
- Dr Olivia Champion, CEO of BioSystems Technology
- Professor Chris Thornton, Director of Isca Diagnostics
- Oliver Blackwell, Founder and CEO Thalamus Health
- Professor Adrian Harris, Executive Medical Director at RD&E
The cost for this event is £15 (Inc VAT @ 20%) and is open for both University of Exeter members and non-members.
To register and pay by card, please click here or call the Chamber office on 01392 431133. Places have to be booked and paid for in advance to confirm attendance.