- This event has passed.
External: Diversity and Inclusion Conference 2017
21 September 2017 at 10:00 am - 4:10 pm
Hosted by NHS Employers, the theme for this year’s diversity and inclusion conference is Diversity = collaboration = innovation: Shaping the NHS of the future through inclusive practice and the power of community.
With the introduction of STPs, NHS organisations are now encouraged to collaborate, rather than compete, to meet the challenges facing their local services.
These new ways of working and thinking for the NHS workforce place new demands on our work. The diversity and inclusion conference will give us the opportunity to focus on collaboration and innovation and the role played by diversity and inclusion in achieving this.
On the day you will:
- hear about leading edge diversity practice from across both the public and private sectors
- network with diversity leaders from across the UK
- listen to the latest ideas and thinking on inclusive cultures and the link to innovation and collaboration
- develop your knowledge and understanding of how diversity can positively influence organisational change
We are delighted to confirm a host of keynote speakers and session leads who will provide the latest updates, as well as challenging current thinking on diversity and inclusion. The conference will be facilitated by Rowen Musen, Alumni NHS Youth Forum and joined by some of the following speakers:
- Peter Cheese, Chief Executive, CIPD
- Michael Bach, Founder and CEO, Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion
- Belinda Parmar, Chief Geek, Empathy Business
- Dr Manuela Barreto, University of Exeter, Department of Psychology
- Leander Neckles, Co-acting Head of the Equality and Health Inequalities Unit, NHS England
- Snéha Khilay, Chair of Diversity and Inclusion Thought and Action Group, Engage for Success
- Amar Latif, blind British entrepreneur, television presenter, actor, director, motivational speaker and world traveller
Take a look at a short video from last year’s conference and hear Dan Robertson, a leading expert on diversity and inclusion in the workplace talking about the importance of such events.
For more information about the 2017 conference take a look at the programme for the day. The programme will be updated as speakers and sessions are confirmed.
Who should attend?
The diversity and inclusion conference will bring together HR directors, diversity and inclusion leads, HR managers, operational managers and diversity advocates.
Book your place
Registration has now closed.
NHS Employers’ diversity and inclusion partners – places cost £199 + VAT
NHS organisations and not for profit organisation – places cost £229 + VAT
Commercial organisations – places cost £349 + VAT
Exhibition and supporter opportunities
Event contact details
If you would like further information about the diversity and inclusion conference please email email@example.com.