- This event has passed.
EPIC Conference – A Cornish eHealth Ecosystem in the making?
13 November 2018 at 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
After 18 months, 63 events, connecting a growing community of people and investment of £300,000 in Cornish eHealth projects it’s a great time to celebrate progress and thank people from across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly who have contributed to the EPIC project.
However, as we are always keen to look to the future, this conference will also focus on discussions and actions that can further establish a sustainable eHealth ecosystem in Cornwall.
A session learning from successful eHealth clusters in other parts of the UK
- How we can create our own eHealth cluster – The next steps
- Digital innovation matchmaking – A session to link stakeholder project ideas to technology innovators, creating new projects that can access the EPIC Challenge Fund
- A session on funding for eHealth innovation – for companies, health and social care organisations and collaborations
The SW AHSN supported the bid for funding in 2017 and will be exhibiting at this event.
- 9.30: Registration Opens
- 9.45: Exhibition, networking including refreshments and pastries
Opportunity to catch up with some of the EPIC funded projects and Cornish eHealth SMEs to see what is happening in the sector.
- 10.30: Welcome and EPIC update – eHealth Innovation through Collaboration
A review and celebration of the first stage of the EPIC project – sharing the progress that has been made.
- 11.05: Refreshment Break
- 11.15: Moving beyond a project: Creating a sustainable Cornish eHealth Ecosystem.
Q & A Panel with the presenters
Section A: Cluster Success – Leaders of established eHealth clusters share experiences and expertise on the ingredients required to create a sustainable eHealth ecosystem.
Section B: A Cornish eHealth Ecosystem – Key potential participants share their insight into how an eHealth ecosystem can help solve challenges and create opportunity.
- 12.30: Lunch, Exhibition and Networking
- 13.15: Digital Innovation Matchmaking
A number of project ideas have emerged from the EPIC community and we are looking to develop collaborative teams around them – particularly from technology providers.
If you are a digital SME, or work for a health and social care organisation, join us to see what projects and ideas are emerging and how you can help.
With funds still available from the EPIC Challenge fund, investment can help move these projects forward.
Lightning talks from technology solutions and project champions will take place within this session.
If you have an idea for an innovative technology product that could help solve a health and social care challenge and would like this to be part of the matchmaking session then please get in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 14.15: Afternoon Refreshment Break
- 14.30: Funding for eHealth Innovation
With such interest in eHealth innovation there are many sources of funding available – some are targeted at commercial organisations, some at the health and social care community. In all cases collaborations make the funding applications and project proposals stronger.
This session will provide an overview of some of the funding sources available in the region and give you the opportunity to meet some of these funders.
- 15.30: Networking, coffee and close of conference
You can register online now.