- This event has passed.
Academy of Nursing Launch Event 2018
31 May 2018
Join this event to celebrate the launch of the University of Exeter’s Academy of Nursing, a ground breaking initiative for the South West. You can listen to national and international nurse leaders give us their insights into how nursing will make a unique 21st century contribution to multi-professional patient care. The Academy is a joint project between the four NHS Trusts in Devon and the University of Exeter. Meet the local team to find out more about the Academy’s ambitious plans for health care in the South West. Find out more.
This event is for nurses, other health professionals, patients and members of the public interested in how nursing and nurses can contribute to the health and wellbeing of people in the South West.
You can attend from 08:30-10:30 or 16:30-18:30.
- Professor Marieke Schuurmans, Chief Nurse of the Netherlands and Chair in Nursing Science, University Medical Centre Utrecht
- Anne Trotter, Assistant Director, Education and Standards Education, Nursing and Midwifery Council
Find out about
- What all nurses can do for frail patients to prevent complications such as delirium and depression
- How membership of the Academy can benefit your career
- What do the revised 2018 NMC standards of proficiency for registered nurses mean for you
- How you can access coaching and mentoring from the Academy
- Research funding opportunities and support
- How you can influence Academy events and activities
Registration is free and you can book online.